Before diving deep into what should be used to screw on broadheads, is it worth understanding what they are. Broadheads are large cutting point assemblies that are attached to an arrow when hunting in the wild.
Bow hunting is a great sport that is enjoyed by many hunters and it requires plenty of precision and skill if you want to boost your catches. In order to do that, you have to ensure you purchase the correct equipment which in this case, a broadhead to make killing your targets easier while hunting like the one in the picture below.
Ways To Screw On A Broadhead
A quick setup is needed before broadheads can be used and some screwing is also necessary. In case you are asking yourself what are the things you need to use to screw on broadheads, below are some handy tips that will help you properly attach them to your arrow.
How to screw on your broadhead using hot glue
- 1The first thing you need to do is use a glue gun or a heat source to properly warm your glue to a point where it can melt the liquid and putting a couple drops on the broadhead.
- 2After that, grab the arrow and insert it to the broadhead, making sure that the glue runs between both the broadhead and arrow uniformly.
- 3Make sure that you don’t overheat your broadhead because that will make the steel lose its toughness. You will be able to align and remove broadheads with ease if you follow the easy and quick method. The chances of you hurting yourself or denting the steel are very high so be careful at all times.
How to screw on your broadhead using cold glue
- 1Using cold glue is not so different from hot glue in terms of procedure. The first thing you do is put a couple drops of the cold glue on the broadhead.
- 2After that, take the arrow and insert it to the broadhead very quickly, making sure that the glue runs between both the broadhead and arrow uniformly. This cold glue can either be super glue or regular glue.
Bowhunting safety tips
Having read this article thus far, you should be familiar with screwing a broadhead and all the things that you need. What you need now is to know how to be safe out there when you are bowhunting with broadheads. Below are some handy tips:
Overall you need proper knowledge on how to use broadheads since they are sharp as well as good equipment if you want to be successful while bow hunting. It is crucial to be aware of the way to screw on broadheads and the things you need to prevent damage to equipment and injury when you are out. Hoping this article has addressed all that you need when it comes to screwing on broadheads. Now that you are up to speed on things to do and safe, try the things pointed out and have a successful hunt. If you enjoyed reading this leave a comment and share.
Related Guide and Tips from Outdoorsdoc Lists: